Surprisingly, the weather has been fantastic all week. Usually we get the good weather in the run up to the school holidays and then it pours it down for six weeks but the sunshine has been good to us this year.
In the last week, we have:
- Had a walk down to the library to read books and colour pictures
- Been to messy play sessions to play in the sand, paint with vegetables, made different scented dough and had tantrums over the bubble-blowing bee
- The Jellyfish has had a movie night with The Partner
- The Jellyfish and The Partner went to the cinema to see Harry Potter and eat ice-cream and popcorn while Boo and I did some more messy play
- The Jellyfish attended her first non-family sleepover to celebrate one of her friend's birthday
- We all had a walk down to the bigger park and I resisted tripping up a Gobshite Kid, who was being a gobshite in front of his grandmother who thought such behaviour was acceptable (or was too busy nattering away to notice her dear grandson being a terror)
- Had breakfast in the cafe around the corner
- Braved the opening of a new Asda near us. It was bedlam.
- And best of all, we haven't had to be and out of the house for 8:30!