- Ally and Gavin were named after two characters from the BBC drama, Cutting It, although in the show Ally’s actual name is Alison and not Alana as in Everything Changes But You.
- Ally, Gavin, Jared, Freya, Jimmy, Linda and Bob are all characters from my previous book, A Beginner’s Guide To Salad. Westerley’s gets a little mention too!
- Naming Clementine posed the biggest problem of all the characters. The short list comprised of Meredith, Theodora and Clementine.
- My favourite childhood book is The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann, so I named Ally and Gavin’s local pub The Farthing in honour of it.
- The video for Take That’s ‘Everything Changes’ takes place in Diner 360 (as written on the window), so I named a café Diner 360 in the book.
- While writing the first draft of Everything Changes But You, I was introducing my children to Sabrina The Teenage Witch, so it seemed fitting to name Ally and Gavin’s former school Westbridge High after Sabrina’s school.
- Keith Barry was a character I resurrected from a previous (unpublished) book I wrote. I loved his character so much, I had to bring him back.
- The Housing Warehouse is based on a real shop not far from where I live. I based a Christmas short story there, which you can read here
Everything Changes But You is available from Amazon now