The Sunlounger anthology, packed with short stories from exotic locations, is finally available on Amazon. The website has been running for a few weeks, teasing us with the stories to come. The website is crammed with information about the stories and their authors and one question in the author section caught my eye; favourite cocktails.
What goes better with a good book on the beach?
A lot of the authors seem to be fans of mojitos so I thought I'd post the recipe before sharing my own favourite cocktail.
- 1 1/2 limes, cut into wedges
- 20 fresh mint leaves (plus extra to garnish)
- 2 1/2 tsp granulated sugar (or to taste)
- handful of ice
- 65ml white rum
- soda water to taste
- Place the limes, mint leaves and sugar into a tall glass and mash
- Add the ice
- Pour in the rum
- Add soda water to taste and stir well before adding the mint leaf garnish
And now for my own favourite cocktail, which is a good old fashioned Sex On The Beach. Not only is it colourful, it's also deliciously fruity.
- Place the vodka, peach schnapps and orange juice in a cocktail shake and shake like mad
- Pour into a glass and add ice
- Add the grenadine plus a bendy straw and an umbrella
What's your favourite cocktail?