Back in May I was nominated for two Liebster awards from Sylvia Ney and Sidonie Helena and have finally gotten round to responding (it's been a hectic time, blog-wise. Sorry).
Liebster Award Rules
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose up to 11 up and coming blogs to nominate.
5. Go to each blogger’s page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
As I've been awarded two awards, I'm going to combine them and only post one set of 11 facts (I'm not interesting enough to have 22) and I'll answer half(ish) of the questions from each of my nominees.
So here goes.
My eleven facts:
- I'm embarrassingly thick when it comes to geography. I only found out this year that Transylvania is an actual place and not just made up for vampire stories. Seriously.
- I've never seen the film Mary Poppins all the way through. But I have seen the musical on Broadway.
- I've also seen Billy Elliot on the West End. But I have seen the film all the way through. Many, many times.
- My favourite colours are pink, pink and more pink.
- I don't like cheese unless it's been melted in or on something.
- *whispers* I have never read the Bridget Jones books.
- The first film I watched at the cinema was The Little Mermaid.
- The last film I watched at the cinema was Identity Thief.
- I'm the youngest of 5. I have a sister and three brothers.
- I've been stung by a wasp once. I was about 11 or 12 and was innocently waiting outside the library for it to open when it jabbed me.
- I can't stand coffee. The smell alone makes me feel sick.
What do you hope to have accomplished five years from today?
I'd love to be a published writer.
What is the best trip or family vacation you have ever taken?
We went to New York for Christmas 2011 and it was amazing. I've always wanted to go, especially at Christmas (thanks to Home Alone 2) and would love to go again.
Name one children’s book that you think all adults ought to read and take to heart.
The Animals of Farthing Wood by Colin Dann
What fairy tale character do you identify with the most?
Sleeping Beauty. But only because I love to sleep.
What do you think is one of the worst movies or TV shows ever made?
All the TOWIE type programs
If you had a super power what would it be?
I'd love to be able to pause time. Think of everything you could get done in a day!
Questions from Sidonie
What was your least favorite subject in school?
I'd have to say languages. We learned French and Spanish at school but I really struggled with them.
Do you prefer talking over the phone or face to face?
Face to face. I hate using the phone, even though I was a receptionist in my younger days.
Where did you grow up?
Oldham, Greater Manchester. I've always lived within the same general area.
If you could live anywhere on earth, where would you live?
New York. Although I'm sure I'd miss home.Your favorite film is...?
You've Got Mail.
Apple or PC?
PC. Apple is too confusing with its different kinds of clicking.
And now my questions:
- Who is your favourite author?
- And your favourite book?
- When and why did you start your blog?
- If you could live in any time period, what would it be?
- What is your favourite thing about summer?
- And your least favourite thing about summer?
- Tea, coffee or none?
- What is your favourite song?
- What are your current favourite tv shows?
- Do you have a party trick?
- If you could have one wish, what would it be?
And finally, I nominate the following blogs:
Shaz's Book Blog
The London Diaries
I heart Books
Reading In The Sunshine
Miss Bookworm Reviews
Jersey Girl Book Reviews
Victoria Loves Books
PS Please ignore any formatting issues within this post. It's been a bloody nightmare and I wash my hands of it.